E-learning is a technology revolution in the education and training arenas. Till the turn of the present century, education was primarily conducted in a classroom, under the guidance of a teacher.
Physical presence of student and teacher in a classroom was vital and any other alternative was doubtful at best. Then the internet arrived- and the scene was revolutionized. E-learning is a fast-growing industry, whose impact can be traced back to the 1980’s.
Today, there are inexpensive e-learning solutions, which are viable for both internet and computers. There is a need for only good e-learning tools for education to be delivered from anywhere. There has been such a transformation of technology that the geographical barriers for training and education have been broken down.
E-learning tools give you the feeling that you are in a live classroom. E-learning enables the sharing of content in all kinds of formats such as slide-shows, videos, PDF’s and Word documents. Also there are options for live interactions with teacher or trainer through webinars (online seminars) and chat forums and instant messaging.
There are a variety of e-learning systems which are called as Learning Management Systems (LMS) through which education or training is delivered. Using proper tools, learning process can be automated like a course with fixed content and automatically evaluated tests. Being affordable and often free, learners can adjust learning process around their lifestyles. This allows the busiest person to enhance their skills and knowledge and thus advance their career.
The advent of the internet has led to crucial developments in the fields of education and training. Conducting online courses have become really simple as more and more people are gaining knowledge of web surfing, text messaging and using smart phones. Social media and message boards when used for interaction by learners, contributes to a sense of community.
The world of e-learning is fast paced and the technology to make a course exciting and new is always changing. To give the latest information to students, there is the need for constant updation of learning material (LMS). This is especially true of industries where technology is changing fast. Hence, more andmore companies are delivering training via e-learning such that they save money and enable employees to proceed at their own pace.
Traditional learning is expensive and can have varied results. E-learning is better, cheaper and faster. Hence more and more people are seeking the services of e-learning company India.
Advantages of e-learning are:
- Students and employees are better engaged.
- It enables students to learn to be better risk takers/ learners/ thinkers using a simulated environment.
- Learners do not depend on teacher but become more accountable and responsible.
- Makes learners more digitally literate.
- Students learn valuable skills for employment in a digital environment.
- Widens the horizon of students by exposing them to a world outside their town or country.
- Helps in rural education wherein students in rural areas need not be disadvantaged by distance or isolation as they learn virtually using technology.
- Permits a mobile learning environment- anyhow, anytime, anywhere!
- Provides encouragement and inspiration to students for effective learning.
These are some of the aspects of the importance of e-learning in education and training.