There are a number of applications where batteries are used which include mobile phone battery, boat battery, etc. They are not only used for appliances but also used in heavy industry appliances like cranes, cleaners, etc. There are a number of applications where 12v dry cell deep cycle battery is used. They are suitable of telecommunications, power station, solar and wind, UPS, emergency lighting, streetlights, fire and security systems, hospitals, banks, etc.
If the batteries are not used correctly, the result can damage the battery or even the appliance or machine. It is important to use the original charger for the respective rechargeable battery as that increases the charging capacity and improves the overall life of the battery. Sometimes there are even other problems associated to batteries. These include the following reasons:
- The battery should be used in the same application for which it was designed. It is necessary that the battery used for the right application. You cannot expect an automotive batter to be used for a deep cycle application.
- The size of the application and battery size should be in accordance with each other. This means that if you are using a smaller battery power then it will definitely cause problems.
- If the vehicle is using excessive electrical accessories especially which did not come fitted, then it will increase the load on the battery. For instance, amplifiers, music systems, lights, etc. It is necessary that the battery power capacity needs to be higher and the battery output has to exceed in order to perform efficiently. This can cause the battery to discharge.
- If the battery is overcharged, then the battery can damage. The overcharging causes the electrolyte in the battery to evaporate and increases the shedding of the active materials in the battery.
- Leaving the battery undercharged is also a cause of damaged battery. The undercharging increases the sulphation rates which do not allow the battery to be charged. If it is stored for too long without charging, the results are reduction in the battery life.
- In case of too many unnecessary vibrations it is known as the major cause of premature battery failure. Vibrations are major damaging cause of premature battery failure. It causes the material to accumulate in the mud rock and makes it impossible to create a short across the cells.
- When the battery is charged below 10.5 volts it is known as the deep discharge and should not be done regularly to the automotive batteries. The reason being an incorrect application for the battery.
In case you buy 12v gel deep cycle battery, it is important that you take necessary care. In order to extend the expected life of these batteries, you need to take proper care and ensure maintenance. You can get help from professionals for this purpose or read their manuals.